Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays of the year. Great food, decent-enough football, quality family time, some good Friday bargains…it’s a terrific time.
Well, I won’t be celebrating a traditional Thanksgiving this year, since Marisa and I will be in Thailand for our Honeymoon! Definitely a good reason, no?
This is going to be my last post here for several weeks, and I couldn’t think of a better topic to write about than giving thanks.
Obviously, I’m thankful for:
But from a social media standpoint, here are a few additional things I’m eternally grateful for:
- Stacey Kane, Director of Marketing for , who, about a year ago, made me get on Twitter. You can blame her for my Tweets. Without her, I wouldn’t be a Director of Social Media. Thank you!!!
- David Teicher who allowed me to guest post on his site, which inspired me to start this blog. You can blame him for this blog.
- The PR Breakfast Club – The first site I read every morning. I learn something from them every single day.
- My company’s clients that let me play with their online identity! , , , , with more exciting projects launching soon!
- The #SportsPRChat community! I can’t believe how far this has come in just two months. I appreciate everyone’s contributions, even the people that just follow the chat or read the transcript. There are some incredible sports PR minds out there! (Extra-special thanks to my awesome Fall interns who help put this together every Thursday at Noon EST [cheap plug] – , e, , )
- The Community that makes me laugh and/or think every day (I’ll let you guess who does what!) – (the secret project will happen…one day), , , , , , , , , , , (I’ve claimed you as a mentor!), , , , , , , , (We should have our significant others start a Twitter Widows Club!), , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and (Alf will come back soon, keep up the work!) – not to mention the people mentioned above already. Thank you for enriching every day! (I know I forgot important people. I’m sorry! My brain is somewhere in between Washington, DC and Bangkok right now!)
- For playing guitar and singing beautifully at my wedding,
- This blog and the brave souls who read it! Thank you got putting up with my silliness, such as: Publicists as Muppets, Sports Man-Crushes, PR Lessons from Balki and other random pop culture-infused quasi-PR related topics!
Again, thank you so much, and I can’t wait to get back to work mid-December. That’s a lie. I’ll still want to be on a beach in Phuket or whitewater rafting in Chiang Mai. But you get the drift.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!
Popularity: 13% [?]