Just a few quick thoughts on Wednesday’s American Idol season 10 premiere!
- Nice video package at the start distinctly NOT mentioning Simon Cowell’s name. (Or should we call him “He Who Shall Not Be Named?”
- Sometimes, it’s REALLY hard to tell Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler apart when they are sitting next to each other.
- Man, I would feel bad for Randy Jackson…but he’s making some serious coin for this gig. I mean, people CRIED because they were in the presence of J-Lo!
- I do like that the focus was on GOOD Idol auditions, not bad ones. It was a funny running joke for the first several seasons, but definitely wore out it’s welcome.
- I seriously miss He Who Shall Not Be Named. His lack of presence was felt.
- If this season becomes the lovey-dovey season without a voice of tough-love reason, I may have to stop watching Idol.
- Wait – was that a Constantine Maroulis sighting at the beginning? No chyron, either? Yeesh…only one of the most popular contestants of all time and a Broadway star…
- Does anyone TRULY care about the music director? Sorry, but I just don’t.
- Here is my favorite audition/story of the episode: